Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year - rescheduled tasting!

I know I said no more newsletters till the New Year, but I need to sneak 1 more in.

We ended up semi-postponing Saturdays Sparkling Wine tasting. The weather was crappy and business was incredibly slow early in the day, and it just didn’t make sense popping open 6 bottles of bubbly. We did end up opening a couple for the few of you who did come in. So we decided to schedule another Sparkling Tasting on Wednesday (December 31st) from 3 to 5 PM. I know they’re calling for snow, but we have Tommy Bolini here to pour so we will go forward with it either way.

I’ll quickly go over the lineup of the Sparklers we will sample. We have 2 excellent domestic sparklers to start off, Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Blancs and Chandon Blanc de Noirs. Next we go to Australia for the # 1 selling Aussie sparkler Yellowglen Pink. From there we go to the Burgundy region of France for Louis Bouillot Cremant de Bourgogne Brut. Moet & Chandon Imperial will finish of the proceedings with a true French Champagne. This is the new package of what Moet once called White Star and is a great way to finish 2008 and toast ’09.

OK…I’ve got a question that has been bugging me for 8, soon to be 9 years. What are we calling this decade we are currently in? I’ve heard the Oh’s…Zips…Aughts…single digits…millennium…2000’s but none seem to flow like the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. If you have a better term for the decade please let me know so I can finally get some rest. All of us at Cork’s wish you a safe and Happy New Year!

Robert

No comments: