Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer's brewing at Cork's!

Welcome to Cork’s weekly newsletter. It’s been a busy week for us at Cork’s with Buffet and Phish in town for concerts at Great Woods. We keep the momentum going with Brooks & Dunn on Saturday and Bamboozle (whatever the heck that is) on Sunday. I think we’ve come up with a date for our 3rd Annual Customer Appreciation Day as well. I just want to run it by Megan 1st but I will post it on the website (corksfinewine.com) and have it in next week’s newsletter for sure.

We have yet another rookie making his Thursday night beer tasting debut tonight from 4:30 to 7 PM. He’s so new I don’t even know his name, but he is replacing Jean-Marc from Newport Storm and he will be sampling his delicious RI brews. He will have their Amber Ale, RI Blueberry Ale, Summer Ale, and Cyclone Series Neo for you to try. These are great guys and the ones that put on the Luau/pig roast in Newport every summer. If you haven’t been to this event I strongly recommend it. I haven’t been to 1 in years and I’m gonna try to make it this year myself.

I think we are going to take this week off from the wine tastings. As we get into the dog days of summer most of you are out and about and on vacation anyway. We will space them out a bit more and make them more of an event. But as most of you know, I am here most every Friday night and can be easily convinced to open a bottle or 2 if there is something that you want to try. Wow...made it this far without 1 sports take. How about that USA World Cup game yesterday? I admit to being a pinkhat soccer fan but that was an amazing game. I got so excited I bought a dozen Vuvuzelas to make that annoying buzzing sound. Seriously, I really did buy 12 of those crazy things and if anybody wants to buy one, I can let a few go at the amazing low price of 10 bucks! Let’s see anything else going in sports since the last newsletter…oh yea...the Celtics. I don’t think they played any games last week, so let’s hope Danny Ainge can pull off another trade and get an impact player in tonight’s draft. Have a great weekend everybody.
Robert

No comments: