Thursday, October 8, 2009

There's only one Oktober!!



THERE”S ONLY 1 OKTOBER!!...Whew, I held off till October 8th before saying that this year. I don’t even think they do those crazy (Dane Cook and that other guy) commercials for the MLB postseason anymore. But I must admit they get me pumped for the Redsox playoff drive that starts tonight. Let’s hope we can all stay up till 1 AM to watch them. I see a lot of naps and bloodshot eyes in my future.

Keeping with the Oktober theme, it was good to see a lot of you at the Oktoberfest tasting Tuesday night in Foxboro. Once again, it was a big success with tons of great food and our Oktoberfest beers. Josh will keep the ball rolling with an Autumn beer tasting tonight from 4:30 to 7:30. He will sampling the Thomas Hooker Octoberfest, Mendocino Autumn Ale, Ipswich Harvest Ale, and Southampton Pumpkin Ale. So stop on by before your nap and pick up a 6-pk for the game. As always we will take 10 % off any of these beers we taste tonight. One last note on the Autumn beers…we have limited supplies left, and most are done for the season, so I would suggest stocking up on your favorites before they are all gone.

I don’t have any suppliers lined up this week for a wine tasting so I think we’ll take this Friday night off. I will probably put 1 together myself for next week as we build up to our 5th Annual grand Fall Wine Tasting. Be sure to mark your calendars for this event…Thursday October 29th from 5 to 7:30. We are putting the lineup together now and there will be a bunch of new and exciting wines for you to try. We will be updating the website (corksfinewine.com) with details as the event draws closer.

I hope you all have a great weekend …and GO SOX !!!!
Robert

No comments: