Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Olympics...and customer tastings?

Welcome to Cork's weekly newsletter. I hope everybody had a good week and enjoyed the Super Bowl game last Sunday. Not a bad game...though I thought the commercials this year were mediocre at best. We survived another huge snow storm and we're less than a week away from the Red Sox pitchers and catchers to report to spring training! The Celts look beat limping into the all-star break...let's hope the B's can keep the momentum going after that dismal stretch as they head into the Winter Olympic break. Which brings me to the Winter games in Vancouver, BC. I don't know about you but I look forward to the Olympics every 2 years and find myself rooting for skiers, skaters, snowboarders and even the crazy sweeping nonsense of the curling competition. And having been to Vancouver and Whistler, I'm really looking forward to the views from this breathtaking area.

As far as events at Cork's this week, we're going to stay low-key for another week on the tasting front. I have some beer tastings coming up in the next few weeks including the brand new Bud Select 55 and Goose Island, a cool micro-brew from the Midwest. As far as wine tastings, I'll leave the floor open to Bum Runners sit & spit on Friday night. But as always, we'll have a couple of bottles open here...perhaps with a Valentine theme. We do have some wine tastings booked, including the lovely Erin from J. Polep with some great new wines, and a Customer Wine tasting lined up. We still have room for a couple more and I know there are a few of you out there asking about them. So now's the time to let me know.

It should be an interesting week as Megan and the girls head to Napa Valley and Sonoma. I'm sure they will have lots of stories to share about the beautiful wineries and vineyards they will be visiting. Have a great weekend and we'll see you soon.

Robert

No comments: