Sunday, January 29, 2012

Don't open our website!

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thanks to all who attended Super Brew VII on Saturday. It was a huge success!

Second, our website seems to have a virus attached to it so please do not use the website until we get back to you that it's safe again. We are in the process of investigating the situation and will fix it as soon as we can.

My sister, our website seems to have a virus attached to it so please do not use the website until we get back to you that it's safe again. We are in the process of investigating the situation and will fix it as soon as we can.

Robert
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This is Marianne, Robert's sister. The first time this happened to me, I contacted Plumchoice to talk me through it. I recommend using your own computer professional unless you're a do-it-yourself type. If you are, here's what I did as soon as I knew it was a virus. I shut the computer immediately. Then as I started it up again, I kept hitting the F8 button. This gave me the choice of how I wanted to open it. I chose SAFE MODE. It opens it in very big letters.

I went to Programs, Accessories System Tools and System Restore. When I got there, it gave me the option of going back to the previous day - which was a time before the virus. I did that and computer fixed itself and opened up fine.

I recommend that you have the most up to date virus software you can get but the person who fixed my laptop when I got the virus a few months ago told me this particular virus can even get through the toughest protection.

No comments: