Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year! How about holding your own tasting here in 2012?

Welcome to Cork’s weekly newsletter. I hope everybody had a great New Year’s Eve/Day. I know I am glad 2011 is over and looking forward to a better 2012. I spent a relaxing NYE at my sister’s watching movies on her 3D TV and making massive panninis (thanks Oprah!). For those who don’t know my sister Marianne, she is our Saturday AM cashier here at Cork’s. She also does ours, and many other websites. She is a teacher…author…motivational speaker...actress…pilot… entrepreneur…and I’m sure I’m leaving some stuff out. She asked if I could put a link to her teleseminar that she is having called "10 Steps to Create an Extra-Ordinary 2012”. I know this really doesn’t tie into the “liquor store” we run here at Cork’s but I think it might be helpful to some of you. And, after all my sister has done for me this past year, and throughout my life, how could I say no to her. So here is the link for the teleseminar, and like all our tastings here at Cork’s…it’s FREE!! http://www.mariannedouglas.com/seminars.htm

Speaking of tastings, we don’t have any this week! I know most of you have plenty of wine and beer left over from the holidays. Not to mention it’s too darn cold to be coming out. This time of year we like to space the tastings out more, and make them more like mini-events. This is a perfect time for “Customer Tastings” be they beer or wine. I just booked the “Wrap Girls” for a special Valentines tasting, but we have plenty of room for more of you. For those who are asking what the heck is a “Customer Tasting” here is a brief description. You (alone or with a spouse/ friend) pick out your favorite beers or wines. You invite all your friends and family to come to the tasting here at Cork’s. We also invite all our regular customers, too, of course. If you want you can also make some fabulous dish to pair with your selections. Then you get behind the bar/table and pour for everybody and show off how much you know (or don’t know but who cares) about the beer/wine. We also give you a lovely parting gift for participating in our tastings. Sound fun? Well, be sure and book yours early by letting me, Marc, Megan, or Kat know which day you want. Thursdays for beer and Fridays for wine though we’ve been known to do them on a Saturday too if that day work’s better for you.

While we’re talking tastings don’t forget our Super Brew VII Beer tasting is less than a month away. The date is Saturday, January 28, 2012 from 2 to 5 PM. I know Marc is piecing the lineup together now and this should be a great event. Now if only the Pat’s can win 2 home play-off games and actually get to the Super Bowl, that will make it even better. So rest up boys (no big parties at Kathy’s place) during the bye week, and let’s all root for the Bengals and Broncos. Nice to see the Celts right the ship and run off 4 straight….and can anybody stop the Bruins? Have a great week everybody.

Robert

1 comment:

Paul said...

Looking forward to the 28th...go New England Teams!