Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy 2012 - Goodbye 2011 Celebration here at Cork's!

Welcome to Cork’s New Year’s newsletter. It sure has been quite an eventful year. I was looking back at last year’s newsletter from this week, and I can’t help but notice I was spouting off about ALL 4 teams winning their respective championships. Well that didn’t quite work out so well but I bet none of you besides Wallace had the Bruins as the 1 local team to win it all!

It’s been a pretty good year for Cork’s as well. I know there is a lot more competition in town and we appreciate you staying with us here at Cork’s. We promise to continue with the most weekly tastings…biggest Grand Tastings…and the selection and customer service that you have come to expect from Cork’s Fine Wine & Liquors.

Marc is going to end the 2011 Beer tasting schedule with some of his new favorites from the past year. Here is the lineup that he will be sharing with you: Alesmith Horny Devil…Firestone Walker 15th Anniversary…Breckenridge 471 IPA…Troegs Javahead Stout…Smuttynose Gravitation…and Ommegang Adoration. This sounds like a pretty amazing lineup and a must-try tasting for sure. As with all our tastings here at Cork’s, take 10 % off anything you try that evening. I’d like to give a shoutout to Marc and the great job he did in the beer department last year. It sure has taken a lot of pressure off me, and I think the beer section has never looked better. Thanks Marc!

Let’s end 2011 with a lil “Good Riddance Day” celebration. (http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-723632?hpt=us_bn2) I saw these all over Times Square a few weeks ago when I was there with my sis. Seemed like a pretty cool way to shed those bad memories of the past year. Speaking of Times Square, we could see the New Year’s Ball from the window of our hotel room. I bet that room is going for a pretty penny New Year’s Eve! Let’s get the party started (Friday 4 to 7 PM ) with my go-to Sparkling Wine here at Cork’s, Cristalino Brut Cava. We will have it sale priced at $7.99 for the New Year. Another favorite of mine Mionetto Prosecco will be next, followed by 1 of our biggest hits of the Christmas season, Terra Sparkling Malbec. We can’t have a bubbly tasting without a true Champagne, so let’s pop open a Taittanger Brut Champagne. I will mix in 2 still wines from our whiteboard specials below to round out the tasting -AVV Gewurtz and Schild GMS.

Wine Sale Items for 12-29-11 to 1-12-12

· Cristalino Brut or Rose Cava … $7.99

· AVV Gewurtz … $7.99

· Schild Estate GMS … $12.99

Beer Sale Items for 12-29-11 to 1-12-12

· Shipyard Applehead 6-PK … $7.99

· Newcastle Brown Ale 12-PK … $13.99

· Cisco All Large Formats … 15% off !

Liquor Sale Items for 12-29-11 to 1-12-12

· Mount Gay Eclipse Black Rum … $21.99

· V-One Vodka … $22.99

· Ursula’s Nip Special… Red Stag 50 ML …99¢

So I won’t be making any crazy all 4 local team predictions again this year. But I’ve got to say, the B’s look like a pretty sure thing to repeat. Darn it, I was going to buy a new bedroom set from Jordan’s too! The C’s look too old and injured…and the Pat’s defense is a bit too scary still for me…and the Pirates are still a few years away with their excellent farm system and young talent.

Let’s toast to a Happy 2012….and Good Riddance 2011…Happy New Year everybody!

Robert

No comments: