Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cork's Memorial Day Newsletter


Corks Weekly Newsletter

Well it feels like summer has finally arrived! Memorial Day weekend has certainly brought the nice warm weather that encourages bbq-ing, backyard parties, or a trip to the beach.  We will be open 8 – 10 Saturday, 12 – 6 Sunday, and closed Monday. Don’t forget and make sure to stock up for your parties and cookouts beforehand.

We yet again do not have a beer tasting tonight. Sorry, I know I have been slacking in that department…I don’t know why, I love beer…
Anyways, I promise to you all I will have a beer tasting lined up for next Thursday. I’m thinking of bringing in a special guest, but you will just have to wait and see.
(Hint: He has red hair and loves the Bruins…)

As for wines, I will have a few open to try this Friday evening. I decided on some summer-y wines to get in the mood of relaxing in the sun.
First we have Lagaria Pinot Grigio, coming in at $10.99. This Pinot Grigio is fruity and tangy, unlike other pinots that are so light and clean they barely taste like anything.  Next up is a summertime favorite, Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc. This is a zesty and crisp wine, a true New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. Last week I wanted to open Flirt, a new red blend we got in, but Megan was on a cruise to the Bahamas and I was rather busier than expected. So we will try it this Friday.

Don’t forget we are closed Monday, so make sure to do all your shopping beforehand.

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!!

Katherine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good newsletter kat! can't wait to try the new wines