Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome to Cork's Weekly Newsletter


Welcome to Cork’s Weekly Newsletter!

I hope everyone is outside enjoying the beautiful sun we are having today, and on through this weekend!

Our customer wine tasting/charity event was a huge success last Friday night. I hope everyone had fun, enjoyed themselves, and raised a lot of money for the cause. Also, thanks for Tom and Erin for being fun and informative pouring the wine. If there are any of you out there interested in doing your own customer wine tasting, let me know and we can schedule one for an open Friday.


Here are this week’s featured new items at Cork’s:

‘Flirt’ is a California red blend of Syrah, Tempranillo and Zinfandel. This is clearly marketed towards women, huh? All that aside I thought is was a great wine, a little on the sweet side, which is not usually my thing. We have a tasting scheduled for July 16th with Ellen, but I think this wine is so delicious that I can’t wait till then. So I will have a bottle open this Friday night for you to try. It is only $12.99 and 10% off tomorrow night only.

Captain Morgan Black is the nip special of the week at only 99 cents. I’m sure you’ve seen all the advertising out for Captain Morgan Black on billboards or on TV. I seem to see it everywhere I go. It’s a little higher in alcohol content and has a richer and darker flavor and color.

As for the beers, Mayflower brewing just released their summer this week. Not a new beer on the market, but a really good summer time beer to drink in this nice weather.
Also, check out this cool article from Boston magazine, The Best Craft Beer in New England, where they discuss 13 beers brewed in New England, many of which can be found here at Cork’s.

Does anyone remember the mystery discounts we used to do? (When we would give you a phrase in the email and if you said the phrase to the cashier, you would get 10% off you purchase) I’m thinking about bringing them back, any thoughts? They were always really fun and at times slightly inappropriate (which were even funnier).


As always have a safe and fun weekend!

Katherine

No comments: