Thursday, April 1, 2010

Welcome to our Easter newsletter

I hope you all survived the latest monsoon and don’t have any flooding issues. I’m in RI and it’s just crazy to see the devastation in the southern parts of the state. Well they keep saying sunshine and in the 70”s this weekend, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Either way we’re ready for a big weekend here at Cork’s. I was all prepared to lay a good April Fools Day joke on everybody…but I just can’t think of 1 that is appropriate or funny. I do apologize for the lack of humor in the newsletters of late but I just haven’t been feeling it. Perhaps some sunshine and the Redsox opening day spanking of the Yankees will inspire me.

We don’t have a beer tasting lined up for tonight but we do have a special Easter Wine Tasting Friday from 4:30 to 7 PM. Our friend Mark will be here to sample you on some wines that pair great with Easter dinner. For the traditional Easter ham he has Urban Riesling, Rosa Malbec Rose, and “Pinot” Pinot Noir. For those having lamb or heartier fare, he has Llama Malbec and Rodolfo Tannat. I’ve yet to try to the Malbec Rose or Tannat myself, but they are from excellent Argentinean producers and should be delicious.

We will start our new Spring/Summer hours this Friday. We will be open until 10 PM on Friday and Saturday nights. We will be closed Easter Sunday. I wish everybody a Happy Easter, and we will see you soon.

Robert

No comments: