Thursday, September 15, 2011

Corktoberfest, Pats and Sox! Oh my!!

Welcome to Cork’s weekly newsletter. Well, that was quite a convincing win by the Pats on Monday night. The defense is still a little scary but Tom and the offense were just ridiculously good. Let’s hope they keep it rolling this week against San Diego at home. That is a 4:15 start so be sure to stop in at Cork’s for all your “lubrication” needs as Mr. Brady called it. I will be here working Sunday in my Pats jersey, as I needed next weekend off for my road trip to Buffalo to see the surprising Bills vs. NE. Now if only the Sox can regroup and get healthy to hold off the pesky Devil Rays. Look for me freezing and getting soaked in the bleachers tonight (Thanks George!). I don’t know, I just don’t have that warm fuzzy feeling heading into the playoffs with that pitching staff. Maybe after a few glasses of wine and a couple of beers (and a Sox win) I can get that feeling back.

But enough about me and sports…let’s talk about Marc and beer! He is putting the finishing touches on our 1st ever Corktoberfest beer tasting. The date is Saturday, October 1st from 2 to 5 PM. Here is a sneak peek at some of the breweries he has lined up. Mayflower…Blue Hills…Clown Shoes…Sam Adams… Troegs…Wachusett… Crispen Cider… Palm…Rodenbach… Harpoon…Anchor Steam…Boulevard…not to mention a bunch of Pumpkin, Fall, and Oktoberfest Beers as well. To whet your appetite for Corktoberfest here is what Marc will be sampling at tonight’s’ (Thursday) beer tasting from 4:30 to 7 PM. Berkshire Oktoberfest…Long Trail Harvest Ale…Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale…Weyebacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale…and Schneider Weizen Eisbock.

I don’t have a wine tasting lined up for this Friday. But I think we have the return of the Tommy Bolini show for next Friday night. Speaking of Tommy B, we have this year’s edition of Bogle Phantom in house. This delicious blend of Old Vine Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, and Old Vine Mourvedre comes out just once a year and is a must try. We have 5 cases in and I’m not sure if we can get more, so hurry in to grab your 08” Phantom! We do have a lot of new wines coming in as we shift gears from the summer beer/cocktail season to wine season. I will be getting more new wines in every week as we build towards our 7th Annual Grand Holiday Wine Tasting. This year’s event is back to Saturday, and will be held on November 12th from 2 to 5 PM. We heard from many of you who couldn’t do the Thursday night, and we always have great crowds for the beer tastings on Saturdays. I will have updates on the website www.corksfinewine.com as we get closer to the event.

Let’s not forget about the last concert of the season this Saturday night at Great Woods. Toby Keith wraps up the summer shows with what is always a great show, and I’m pretty sure a packed house. So as we have been doing all summer, just bring in your concert ticket and grab a free bag of ice for your cooler on us! Girls with Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots see me for an additional free gift! I’m not sure what that will be…but I’m sure I’ll find something for ya! Have a great weekend everybody and we’ll see y’all soon.

Robert

No comments: